Note: First try below steps on test or non-prod server.
- Keep software ready and accessible.
- root access required to install binaries.
- create new mount point for v11.1 binary installation and allocate sufficient space to new mount point.
Binary installation and upgrade steps
- Take offline database backup keep it safe
- Login as root user or sudo root
- Unzip binary file
- create new mount point for db2 v11.1 binary installation.
- run db2 prerequisites command, prerequisites command will be in unzipped binary file.
/LINUXX86_64/ESE/disk1/ :- Prerequisites command path
If no error or warning message then good to go ahead with binary installation,
- Install db binaries, once installation complete check DB2 installation log file completely.
./db2_install –b /db2/db2v11/db2_software
- Stop db2 instance running on db2 v9.7, Make sure no application connected to database, use below db2stop command and ip clean
- Upgrade instance, Go to db2 v11.1 binary installation path
./db2iupgrade -a SERVER -u db2dbtut db2dbtut
DBI107OI Program db2iupgrade completed successfully
db2dbtut :- Instance name and fence id
- Instance upgrade command completed successfully, now switch to instance owned id start the instance and check db2 version.
- switch to instance db2dbtut, upgrade all database in instance db2dbtut using below db upgrade command
db2 upgrade database dbtut
DB20000I The UPGRADE DATABASE command completed successfully.
Check diag log for error, warning etc..
dbtut :- Database name
- Run runstats on all database tables.