CREATE FILE encountered operating system error 32(The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.) while attempting to open or create the physical file
You may receive this error in the following cases.:
- When you want to attach the database files to an instance
- When you want to restore the database to an instance
- If Instance cannot create tempdb files while opening.
- Make sure that the database files that you are trying to attach to your SQL Server Instance is not being used by another SQL Server Instance.
- Make sure that the database that you are trying to restore to your SQL Server Instance is not being used by another SQL Server Instance.
- Make sure that there are no tempdb files of another instnce on the path where tempdb will be created.