In parallel delete operations in the Exadata environment, “ORA-07445 [kxibFindIndex()+4]” error can be received depending on some bugs.
The error message is as follows.
ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [kxibFindIndex()+4] [SIGSEGV] [ADDR:0x18] [PC:0x5FAF55E] [Address not mapped to object] 
Although the exact cause of the error is not known, the same conditions are observed in the following bugs:
- Bug.20804290 RDBMS-11204 (31) EXADATA ORA-07445 [KXIBFINDINDEX()+4] RUNNING UPDATE STATEMENT:
- Bug.19613373 RDBMS-11203 (33) ORA-7445 [KXIBFINDINDEX()+4] WITH DELETE STATEMENT:,
- Bug.18990350 RDBMS-11204 (31) ORA-00600 [QERIMROP2] ON 22.214.171.124:
- Bug.18973328 RDBMS-11204 (33) ORA-07445 [KXIBFINDINDEX()+4] WITH A DELETE STATEMENT:
There are some methods that can be applied as a solution. You can ensure that the query runs successfully by applying any of these methods.
- Before you run the query, you can set PARALLEL_FORCE_LOCAL to session based TRUE and run the query.
12 SQL> alter session set PARALLEL_FORCE_LOCAL = TRUE ;SQL>-- execute the problematic query
- Ensure that DML queries do not run in parallel before the query.
12 SQL> ALTER SESSION DISABLE PARALLEL DML;SQL>-- execute the problematic query
- Save the DDL command of the table to which the DELETE operation is to be performed. Then delete all indexes. After you perform the DELETE operation, create the indexes again.