These are the tasks for which DBAs required in a database industry.
- Defining the database architecture
- Creating data models
- Integrating new data sources
- Tuning business applications
- Managing security configurations
- Orchestrating a smooth transition to the cloud
Apart from these tasks DBAs importance for business users. Because business users will continue to look to DBAs to keep track of where the data resides, what it represents, and which users and applications can access it.
Smart DBAs always ready for adapt to new change, anticipate opportunities, and update their skills.
The Past: IT professionals manually managed information systems.
- Manual configuration
- Manual monitoring
- Manual management
- Manual scaling
- Manual systems management
The Future: Autonomous software monitors and manages information systems automatically.
- Automatic configuration
- Automatic scaling
- Automatic systems management
- Automatic tuning
- Automatic predictions to prevent and avoid problems
If DBAs are not learning new things, not updating their skills and not doing Certifications.
Maybe they will lose the job.
With Best Wishes!!!!
Oracle Database Consultant
OCE (11gR2 RAC)
Reference -: https://www.oracle.com