If you are beginner then this post will help you to monitor the mysql server.
Here I am listing some most commonly used MySQL administration commands.
- How to login into the Mysql
> mysql -u root -p
- Check the number and list of databases.
> show databases;
- Check the current database in which you logged in.
> select DATABASE();
- Check the numbers and list of tables in database.
> show tables;
- Check the database in which currently we are working.
> select DATABASE() FROM DUAL;
- Check the numbers,list of engines and details of engines.
> show engines;
- Check the detailed information about the tables in particular database.
> show tables status;
- Assign the Engine to the table.
- Check processes which is currently active or running on machine.
> show processlist;
- How to check the particular variables.
> show variables like ‘%gen%’;
Note:- You can use single quote ‘ ‘ instead of ” “ on windows environment on linux system you should use single quote ‘ ‘ only.
- Change the values of the variables.
> set global general_log=’OFF’;
- Check the version of the MySQL sever.
> show global variables like ‘%version%’;
- Show the detailed information about the version, connection,current database etc.
How to do MySQL binary installation.
Click here :- https://dbtut.com/index.php/2018/08/17/how-to-do-mysql-binary-installation/