There are various methods and different tools for creating a pluggable database within a container database (CDB). The methods and tools to create a pluggable database (PDB) are as follows.
Pluggable Database Create Methods
- Create PDB using Seed database.
- Creating a PDB from a non-container database: With the DBMS_PDB package, an unplugged database can be created from a non-container database, and then this unplugged database can be plugged into any CDB.
- Clone an existing PDB or a non-CDB database.
- Plug an unplugged PDB into a different CDB.
- Relocate a PDB to a different CDB: With this method, files of a PDB are copied to a different location.
- Creating a PDB as a proxy PDB: Create a proxy PDB that represents the PDB on the same CDB or on a different CDB with the database link.
PDB creation tools
- SQL * Plus
- SQL Developer
- Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
- Database Configuration Assistant (DBCA): From the seed database or with the unplug/plug method.
- Enterprise Manager Database Express 12c